Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, the name speaks for itself. The person who makes me wonder at times whether Don Bradman was really better, or would I have liked Don more if I watched him play. My words might seem untrue to some, but he is my God, and you better listen what few other common people have to say about him
· Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it."
- Hashim Amla, the South African batsman, reassures himself as he boards a flight.
· "Sometimes you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job."
- Yaseer Hameed in pakistani newspaper.
· "To Sachin, the man we all want to be"
- Andrew Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially
· "Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the
cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond
Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that,
forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him
cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV
sets and switch off their lives."
- BBC on Sachin
· "Tuzhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai?"
- Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq when the latter dropped Sachin's catch in
· Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.
- Brian Charles Lara
· "We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called
- Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997)
· "The more I see of him the more confused I'm getting to which is his
- M. L. Jaisimha
· "The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with
which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate
humility - all make for a one-in-a-billion individual,"
- Glen McGrath
· "I can be hundred per cent sure that Sachin will not play for a minute
longer when he is not enjoying himself. He is still so eager to go out
there and play. He will play as long as he feels he can play,"
- Anjali Tendulkar
· "Even my father's name is Sachin Tendulkar."
- Tendulkar's daughter, Sara, tells her class her father's name after
the teacher informs them of a restaurant of the same name in Mumbai.
· Question: Who do you think as most important celebrity?
Shah Rukh Khan: There was a big party where stars from bollywood and
cricket were invited. Suddenly, there was a big noise, all wanted to
see approaching Amitabh Bachhan. Then Sachin entered the hall and
Amitabh was leading the queue to get a grab of the GENIUS!!
- Shah Rukh Khan in an interview.
· "India me aap PrimeMinister ko ek Baar Katghare me khada kar sakte
hain..Par Sachin Tendulkar par Ungli nahi utha Sakte.. "
- Navjot Singh Sidhu on TV
· He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also.
- Waqar Younis
· 'I Will See God When I Die But Till Then I Will See Sachin'
- A banner in Sharjah
· Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel
who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered
bowlers all over the world. I was bowling
to Sachin and he hit me for
two fours in a row. One from point and the other in between point and
gully. That was the last two balls of the over and the over after that
we (SA) took a wicket and during the group meeting i told Jonty
(Rhodes) to be alert and i know a way to pin Sachin. And i delivered
the first ball of my next over and it was a fuller length delevery
outside offstump. And i shouted catch. To my
astonishment the ball was hit to the cover boundary. Such was the
brilliance of Sachin. His reflex time is the best i have ever seen.
Its like 1/20th of a sec. To get his wicket better not prepare.
Atleast u wont regret if he hits you for boundaries.
- Allan Donald
· On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the
stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was
nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials,
everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This
Genius can stop time in India!!
- Peter Rebouck - Aussie journalist
· "Sachin cannot cheat. He is to cricket what (Mahatma) Gandhiji was to
politics. It's clear discrimination. "
- NKP Salve, former Union Minister when Sachin was accused of ball
· There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two
all the others.
- Andy Flower
· "I have seen god, he bats at no.4 for India"
- Mathew Hayden
"God bats at No.4 for India" - Hayden